Saturday, November 10, 2012

Humanizing my journal

I read a recent post from an author mentor of mine that you should write everyday, no matter how exhausted or whether or not you think you have something to say.  But you must write, and continue to write, about the things that move you and what you are most passionate about.  Even in your darkest moments, or during those times when you are stumped and think you have nothing to say; simply sit down and write!  Write like your life depends on it!  Write as if your writing will save the world or feed a million hungry homeless starving children in the desperate deserted sands of an abandoned African abyss!

So here I am, writing in my new blog, "Diary of Daily Wisdom."  I've decided to leave my journal behind; a journal which I have kept for over 20 years now.  Instead, I am going to dedicate my passion and my thoughts to a greater positive, and I am going to do it so well that I hope others will be as moved as I am, each and every single day.  Whether or not these feelings will be struggles, triumphs, laughter, heartbreaks, personal conquests, or anything else there is to be discovered, we are going to do this together.

I'm humanizing my journal and bringing it to the world wide web.  When I was trying to figure out a way to brand myself in the most strategically correct manner as possible, I saw bringing my own personal struggles and strives as a perfect opportunity.  I have two passions:  one is becoming the best children's book author and mentor that I can possibly be and two; becoming one of the best authors, advisories and guides for people who need a better outlook and understanding of their own personal experience and lives. 

Instead of spending endless hours writing in my journal, I will now dedicate that time to my audience of friends, fans, and online connections who seek wisdom about anything from their relationships to their careers to their health and so on.  And you will slowly learn, as did I, that the most important thing that we as human beings can do is love ourselves.  Especially before we give that love to another.  This is why so many relationships struggle to survive, and in time, simply diminish into almost nothing that it was before it even was defined in the first place.  If I can show you how to love and respect yourself through your own dreams, success, wants, and needs, then you will find that perfect relationship that you are always searching for.

I will also stress how important it is to let go of your past.  Even though it will always be a part of you, must not let it destroy your present and future.  So many people linger on the past, and it always interferes with their relationships.  I know this because I've done the same thing for so many years.  From the murder of my real father, to the discovery of having a different biological father, to the death of my 1st love and best friend, to my mother's own real life addiction and ultimately, the cause of her life-threatening illness, to deciding to dedicate my life to sobriety, to the recent death threat to the President of the United States made by my step-father's then insane girlfriend, to the ghostly apparitions that have existed throughout our family's crazy history...this and much more is to be reflected upon and used as a gateway into my life.  All of these things have had some kind of molding on what moves my soul because they are the core of my creativeness. And funny enough, they all really happened.  Some in more comical ways then they should, but that is life, and I'm sure you have tons of history and stories to share too!

I am looking forward to taking this journey with you all.  In doing so, I believe that I can better serve you if you have an endearing understanding of all of the tribulations in which I have struggled through and ultimately, have sacrificed to overcome.  My past proved to almost take the best parts of me and wash them away with the hands of time; however, through God's gifts and my own personal inner strength, I was able to overcome these obstacles and shake those demons off of my shoulders for good.  I wish I could say that about my mother.  For her, it was too late, and now, she must suffer in a way that no human should have to suffer.  I hope that with her story, and mine alike, we can all learn and grow with one another.  So that we, as women, and men if you are reading this, can be strong, passionate, successful, and steadfast.  Never allowing those dark moments, or any negativity, to make you think you are less of a person; incapable of doing the impossible.

I will help you through your relationships because God knows I have had my fair share of them.  Some were quite long; my longest was six years to be exact.  Others were very short, maybe a year or two.  And some were too short to even remember, or maybe I was just on a fast path train to an even faster train wreck.  Either way, I owe my addictive personality to my ability to define what makes a relationship work.  Whether this has to do with friendships, romance, soul mates, or lack there of it all, I will try to help you find what works for you, and who works well with you to make you the happiest and most positive person that you can be. 

With this happiness and positive thinking, passion and determination, you will become a person who others will gravitate toward.  There are so many dynamics when it comes to a true definition of love and relationships, and what makes our desires become our defaults.  I will do my best to help you avoid these things, but in order to do that, we have to share our experiences with each other.  So sit back, and enjoy in the daily wisdom that I hope to bestow upon you, and if I'm as lucky, you will give back to me.  Put on your favorite tunes or whatever it is you like to do while you learn, reflect, and discover.  I want us to laugh, cry, stumble, and pick each other back up again.  Most importantly, I want you all to find out the things that have put me on the right path to a fulfilling relationship and success.

Because I am here, as living proof, that you can become anything who you work hard and strive to be.  It just takes a little bit of experience, enlightenment, and education (the three E's).  This is your daily wisdom for today.

2 comments:

  1. Well said. I spread your words of wisdom often and make it a point to say my best friend for over 25 yrs taught me this...I often replay that very long conversation in my head that helped me get to where i am today. Thank you so much for...drilling into me the fact that i did not love myself enough to give my love to anyone else yet. Telling me over and over how no person can make me feel a certain way...only i allow myself to feel down. I am a stronger person and looking to my future because of that long talk ( you spoke i listened) in september. My path is rough right now but finally know its my right path. You are wise and i am so glad to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that you are on the right path my dearest friend. I know how hard it is to finally understand and realize that in order for anyone to be able to give their love to someone else, or even search for it, you have to love yourself. And in doing so, you have to set your own personal goals which will allow you to attain not only happiness, but the success that it takes to earn the respect that you already own and deserve. I wish that more people would understand these simple, yet "seemingly" complicated at times, rules to a more beautifully constructed inner and outer you. Many women search for men and relationships, often getting stuck in the moment thinking that they are in love and probably are. But if you are not truly happy or know how to love yourself first and foremost, then how in the hell are you going to be able to bestow your greatest gifts (one being love) to someone else? It's impossible, and we need to change the way that we are thinking when we are searching for a soul mate, or someone who we will eventually get married to. This is why so many marriages fail, because women are always clinging on this "idea" of love. We must first define what it means to love, and we can only do that through our own discoveries, love and respect for the self.

    ReplyDelete